26 January 2007

Not much to write

I've been too busy to do much else. Your last 30 days are the worst, and worse for armorers than most folks. I'm trying to pack the containers (and I've got three to myself, 1 Cadillac and 2 Quadcons) but folks are still using the stuff I'm trying to load into them. Oh, well.

I'm just expecting pain and suffering in Febuary.

I have no idea what's in the news, beyond a brief notice that the Democrats are doing their best to sabotage the war, near as I can tell.

I read somewhere a suggestion that the only way for the Democrats to get onboard for the War on Terror would be for them to win the whole enchilada in 2008, House and Senate and White House, and then another 9/11-magnitude event to occur. Personally, I think they would rationalize it away, ignore it, or simply curl into the fetal position. Probably smoke a lot of weed and write policy papers while high, denouncing 'negative vibes.' There aren't a dozen politicians at the national level in the Democratic Party with enough of a grip on the way the world really works to deal with a no-kidding war with people who actually hate them.

3 Comments:

Blogger Soldier Grrrl said...

I love you, lots.

And yes, there will be pain, and suffering, but then...

There will be joy.

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure the GOP doesn't consider this a "no kidding war" either ya' know.

I hope your bat doesn't rob your Joes like mine did. I spent my last month in Iraq berefit all my optics. I had to go to my CO to keep my night vision. It was goddamn ridiculous. "You want me to do what without what?"

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain about the packing John. I've been working late turning over about 20% of the office's equipment (about 30% by weight, excluding stuff on wheels) as the lease ends and new stuff is brought in. Since my boss (like most) is perfectly happy to let others struggle with the results of a lack of planning, I've had less than a week with most of this gear. And my regular job to do as well. Should be done tomorrow. But there is a distinct lack of being thousands of miles from my loved ones and in a combat zone. Stay low mate.

It isn't nearly as much stuff, but you've got a LOT more time. Maybe in the next Minimum Wage bill active duty personnel will start getting overtime.

I'm not sure we've got a dozen politicians at the national level in any party with a real grip.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home