19 July 2006

Back to Kuwait

I'm in Kuwait for the next few hours, and there is no point in sleeping. :)

The last two weeks have been incredible. I've never smiled more. OK, so taking my cousin to the hospital was kind of not cool. But that's small stuff compared to how much fun I had. I like being around my wife. Even the worst times are better if we are there and can talk about problems freely, without worrying about how much it is costing or connectivity problems, or communications blackouts, or power outages, etc., etc., etc.

I was surprised by how normal I managed to feel. I only got wierded out by agressive stupid drivers (of which San Antonio has no shortage) and for a little while at 'Fiesta Texas' (AKA Six Flags) when the crowd got to be a bit much for me. This pogue stuff is too relaxing.

I've been ignoring the internet, so if someone wrote something really spiffy they want me to read and respond to, link here. Frankly, the internet ain't nothing to waste much time on if you have as little time as we had. Wasn't interesting enough. TV? Forget it.

So, for instance, while I was vaguely aware that Israel was stomping Lebanon flat in pursuit of the Hizbollah (always a worthy goal in my opinion) I was not aware until a few hours ago that this action is in response to the kidnapping of two Israeli soldiers.

I've updated a dead link in my blogroll here. There are a number of others I need to add that I read (or should read) but I havn't gotten around to it. I might later.

http://grimbeorn.blogspot.com/2006_07_01_grimbeorn_archive.html#115297877460266664

Most cogent explanation of why we should fight in Iraq the way we are fighting (or mostly, not fighting) in Iraq. Because the other option is to really take off the gloves and make nations go away.

1 Comments:

Blogger Soldier Grrrl said...

I love you and miss you already.

Be safe and know that you have someone waiting for you at home.

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home