20 June 2006

Too busy for words

The past few days have been busy. The pace of operations has picked up greatly, though you probably couldn’t tell from looking at the news. Lord knows I haven’t heard of a single reporter in the Brigade AO.

Two Soldiers from C Company were killed by an IED a couple days ago. While responding to one IED call, they hit another one. That, some of you may have heard of if you follow happenings in Ramadi closely, or obsessively read the DoD death notices. With that came the usual communications blackout. And NIPR is having Issues right now so I couldn’t even use the internet in the TOC.

So the time I got in MWR I've been hoarding, and besides I couldn't think of much interesting to write. Unfortunately, the commo blackout caused me to miss writing articles for both the birthday of the Corps of Engineers (16 June 1775) and Father's Day.

We’ve got some Marines attached to us with a small boat unit, and I’m trying to drug deal my way onto one of their missions by hooking them up with Stuff. Just passed them some short barrels for their M-249s.

My leave date is in something of a flux, as due to some swapping out, I may be coming home in time for the 4th of July. Jen and I are still planning on having a housewarming party on the 15th of July, which is also the feast of the Great Prince Vladimir, Enlightener of the Russian Lands.
I may be somewhat anti-social otherwise. Will be busy.

http://www.ejectejecteject.com/ has a new thang up, read it.

Oh, and what on Earth are the Presbyterians thinking? http://www.guardian.co.uk/uslatest/story/0,,-5897341,00.html

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As for Father's Day, I am almost glad that I didn't get a call. Right now I consider no call - good news. We've gone through the notification drill the last time. Once is enough. We will see you the 14/15th. As son as we can we will give the details to Jen.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Zero Ponsdorf said...

Working with Marines, huh? Tsk, Tsk!

Hope this doesn't go on yer record.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home