04 June 2006

Liturgy yesterday rocked. Unfortunately, the only reliable chanter leaves real soon now. Guess who Father forced into singing? Yeah, I CAN'T SING. But someone has to. I've always liked singing, but I'm not deluding myself or others. I'm bad. Really bad. But I'm all we have right now.

Still waiting on some pieces to my puzzle, but I have an arms room now. For-real, not just a MILVAN with some locks on it (40 foot metal shipping container). It's even air conditioned, although that one poor AC unit just can't handle the weather in the afternoon. No NIPR yet. Also no printer, but my XO swears he is going to get me one.

Had an IED course today. I doubt I'm giving away any crazy military secret when I say that if EOD recovers an IED intact and it is something new, then they bring it back to the FOB and set it up as close to the original conditions as possible to use for training purposes.

The AIF around here (IIRC, mostly native Sunni insurgents) use some more sophisticated stuff than we saw up in Tal Afar. Not the stuff that gets major attention, because the really fancy crap is in Baghdad. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Baghdad is where the reporters are, and the best of the Al-Qaeda in Iraq foreign fighters go there to try and get some headline time. Ramadi, however gets the second string varsity players. Up in Tal Afar we were up against the freshman team and it showed.

Mail is arriving, forwarded from Tal Afar. However, I do have a new address. Bug my wife, she has it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please post it or send it home.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Soldier Grrrl said...

I just sent it out!

3:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE your disclaimer :)

I have also really enjoyed reading your posts, particularly the Constantinople one. Nice to read thoughts from somebody not brainwashed with the revisionist version of things...

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home