29 July 2006

Authorized Lubricants

There are lubricants which are authorized for use on US Army weapons. CLP, Militech, and GPL. I have about 3 gallons of this stuff lying around in three sizes of container. I hand it out to anyone who will take it.

Why anyone would use some redneck commercial spray lubricant, I do not know.

I do know that it caused an M-16A2 to rust heavily in less than 24 hours. Thankfully, I caught it in time. The Soldier in question got the spraycan from another Soldier who claimed his daddy uses it to clean his guns at home. The spraycan has been thrown away. The weapon has been cleaned. I have managed to refrain from shooting any of the Soldiers in question, but just barely.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zero Ponsdorf said...

Can't stand it, no-one else commented on this.

If you don't like WD-40 for weapons, hows about K-Y jelly?

4:41 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

IAW TM of ALL US Army weapons Miltech is not authorized. However it is very good lubricant and I still use it. I too share your frustrations and know for a fact that miltech is not authorized because I wrote to PM magazine requesting clarification and the return email was quickly to point out that only authorized lubricants are plainly pointed out in every TM and miltech is not one of them. CLP, LAW, GMD are just a few that are authorized on US military weapons.

Proud Army Spouses Husband..also armoror...

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home