27 May 2007

Yet another piece of proof:

A conservative is a liberal who has been mugged.

"The tall one reached in his pocket and pulled out a silver gun. And they both started running towards me."

"At first I just backed up, but then I turned around and started running and screaming."

"When I started running, the short boy stopped chasing and went back to the car. But the tall boy with the gun kept following me. I ran to the corner house and started banging on Mrs. Jones' door."


"I was wrong," he said Friday.

"I'm going to get a permit and so is my wife.

"I've changed my mind. You need a way to protect yourself and your family.

"I don't want to hurt anyone. But I never again want to be in the position where I'm approached by someone with a gun and I don't have one."

DeBose said he knows that a gun doesn't solve Cleveland's violence problem; it's merely a street equalizer.

"There are too many people who are just evil and mean-spirited. They will hurt you for no reason. If more people were packing guns, it might serve as a deterrent."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not all liberals favor gun control. As a liberal who's had a shotgun pointed at my head and a round chambered, I did not support it then, I do not support it now.

I do still support comprehensive, government-provided universal healthcare (administrative savings alone would make it far cheaper than the market model. Duplication of effort much?), robust support for individual freedoms, and the twin ideas that a)the government should serve my ends, not the other way around, and b)yes, we do all have a responsibility to and for one another in this great mutual 'I don't kill you, so don't kill me' contract we call society.

Been there. Done that. Still liberal.

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home