13 November 2007

Presidential Candidates

I have been asked for an endorsement of a presidential candidate.

I refuse to endorse any candidate at this time. I will make an endorsement no more than 30 days prior to the Texas Presidential Primary, which is the 4th of March. As the primary season manages to disenfranchise me as far as selecting which particular loon my party gets to run against whichever loon the other party picks, it is more or less of little interest and I just can't get excited about any particular candidate. Especially 4 months out.

I will continue to pick on Guiliani because I'm sure I don't want him. Too much damn gun control.

I will not endorse any candidate who does not support 2nd amendment liberties, control of the borders of the United States, and victory in the War.

I wish I could vote for Nick Sarkozy, but he's unfortunately the President of France. He's still a better American than most Democrats, but that's neither here nor there.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sophia said...

Well, yeah, that's probably wise to hold off on making an official endorsement. I'm just disappointed that there is no candidate that I'm very excited about, and they haven't even had time to mess up, yet.

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could be worse. There are several Dem possibilities that I *could* get excited about--the excitement would all be in the direction of "Oh my God, please, NO NO NO!"

--laserlight

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Part of my brain is kinda hoping Guiliani wins, if only because at least then there'd be no more debate about... well, anything. We'd know we're screwed. And after two or three decades of the Guiliani administration, people would rise the hell up and do something about it.

1:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My problem is that there are no conservative candidates who have a chance of winning the nomination of either of the two major parties.

McCain, Giulani [and GWB, but he isn't running] are 'moderates', which merely means that they take fire from both sides.

The closest thing to a moderat Democrat would be Joe Lieberman. But he isn't a Democrat any more. So the Dems have no moderates.

My dream team would be either Huckabee or Thompson at the top of the list, with Newt Gingrich as VP. Giulani will be a much better SecState than POTUS. McCain would be a kickASS SecDef. Romney for SecTreas, and I'd like to see Rick Santorum in a good 2nd tier cabinet position, like Homeland Security.

Still, I'd like to see Condi Rice try the political waters of Iowa and New Hampshire...with an eye to her boss's job.

Suppose the choice then, is Condi Rice or HRC. So the next POTUS would be female. Who will Oprah endorse?

1:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who would Oprah endorse? My bet is HRC. The MSM utterly ripped Rice with racist slurs (or they would be 'racist', if non-Dems had used them, and exactly _who_ lost their job over it? Where was Oprah's outrage? IIRC, the Big O was silent on the matter.

It's been said that the Dems support minorities - but _only_ if those minorities support the Dems. Remember, WJC was the first "black" POTUS...

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home