19 February 2007

Gießen

Yes, that's an esset in my title. I'm in a German internet cafe.

Couple points coming ahead. Reintegration runs for a couple more days, then we mark time until 12 MAR and I fly.

I've got orders which show a DEROS of 30 April, which means I start clearing as soon as I get back off leave. Watch my Chain of Command do backflips now, since I'm a hand reciept holder. Neener, neener.

The past two days have been wonderful, with Jen here in FRG. She's been introduced to German architecture (that's only a century old, let me show you a really old church) and German food (no, it's not low-ANYTHING).

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO glad to finally find confirmation you and Jen are safe and in Germany. I know a few of us have been checking with each other

8:58 PM  
Blogger Consul-At-Arms said...

Wonderful news!

I was thinking about you two lovebirds yesterday as I was driving in your general area (up to Marburg, cross-country to Herborn and then back south past Giessen to Frankfurt). A casual, one-time local national source told me he'd seen your unit's "welcome home" banners up in Giessen.

Let me add: Welcome Home.

Giessen? Home?

Not what I mean: Home for you is wherever SoldierGrrrl is. That's how that rolls.

10:53 PM  
Blogger SonomaEats said...

Outstanding, one of the Good Guys makes it out alive.

3:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see zou made it!
Welcome to civiliyation.

So have zou made zour pilgimage to Karl Marx=s birthlace zet_

3:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great man. Good to see you made it out. Take Jen to Shiffenburg (sp?) castle. They had the best bucket o' ribs in Giessen. Give me yell when you get stateside and are done seeing everyone else. Ryan

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spectacular, man. Happy birthday, and you kids have fun.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home