10 November 2006

God bless the Marine Corps!

231 years ago, the Marine Corps was founded by a recruiting party who hit up a tavern and enlisted everyone not sober enough to get away.

In honor of their founding, the USMC engages in government-sponsored alcoholism annually on this date.

This would be about as meaningful as Camerone Day to me, normally, but here in Ramadi we fall under I MEF (Fwd) and hence are permitted to participate in the Marne Corps Birthday festivities.

Or, in concrete terms, I got to have two beers, and I got there early enough to get two Heinekens (that being the only non-US beer option).

Woot. Here's to the USMC, and may they, in their next 231 years, actually find a few good men.

3 Comments:

Blogger Soldier Grrrl said...

Have I mentioned that I'm so jealous about the beer thing?

:-P

6:23 PM  
Blogger Tim Covington said...

Can I send this to my friend who is a former Marine Recon Scout Sniper?

11:00 PM  
Blogger Just A Decurion said...

Go ahead. :)

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home