17 May 2006

Well, NIPR is a dead letter. Crapmonkeys. There's stuff going on I can't talk about and there is a good reason NIPR is down in the office.

More in a couple weeks.

So I'm stuck blogging from the MWR. Which doesn't much like gmail, so more crapmonkeys.

Reading Thirsting for God in a Land of Shallow Wells, by Matthew Gallatin. Good stuff, and a lot of it resonates with me on several levels. It's the story of a fellow who was a Protestant minister who eventually gave up on Protestantism entire.

I've been asked a couple times to blog about my conversion from being a nonobservant Baptist to being an Orthodox. I've resisted trying to attempt that for several reasons.

First, I'm a lousy Orthodox and a lousy Christian. First among sinners, and all I ever seem to do is stumble and then try to get up again.

Second, the process took well over a decade and summarizing it in a blog entry isn't easy.

Third, Orthodoxy isn't something you can explain. It's something you experience, something you taste. I came at Orthodoxy backwards, looking for something that is, in the big picture, not as important. I found the living God.

There are more reasons, but those are the big ones.

2 Comments:

Blogger Soldier Grrrl said...

:-) It is hard. I'm just lucky enough to be able to sum up in not much time.

Love you.

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all I ever seem to do is stumble and then try to get up again

That's actually the point. Keep going.

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home