11 May 2006

On the Blogging Front

While following links, I came upon a nifty blog I was previously unaware of.

http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/

Too frickin' cool. I see references to jizya, Saudi corruption, misogyny and servitude, Armenian genocide, and more. These folks deserve all the traffic I can throw their way.

Following links from there led me to this story:

https://eteraz.wordpress.com/2006/02/08/a-madrassa-in-pakistan/

From this blog:

https://eteraz.wordpress.com/

Which is also pretty cool. Or at least, it appears so at first glance. More reading must be done.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dymphna said...

I'm glad you like Gates of Vienna. Gates *really* likes the military...except for retired generals.

I think the pay rate for our military is a disgrace.

And my hero is Col John Boyd. He had the necessary contempt for generals.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Dymphna said...

Oh-BTW, eteraz can be a hot head. I think of him sometimes as a bull who's been gored too many times. To me, he is the perfect suffering example of someone caught in the horns of the dilemma created by Islam's confrontation with the modern world.

Though he would disagree with me, I'm sure. He's obviously been living here a long time --graduated from an American college-- but his stories of his childhood in Pakistan are deeply moving.

OTOH, he can't be easily pigeon-holed. We've had our disagreements and I don't pretend to fully understand him.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Just A Decurion said...

I don't expect Eteraz to be easy to comprehend. I find, however, that before I will unreservedly advocate the extermination of an entire people I must make every effort to search for some good.

Genesis 18:32 "For the sake of those ten," He replied, "I will not destroy it."

I don't have a problem saying that sterilizing from the Maghreb to Indonesia may someday become necessary, but I hope not. If I can't find some common ground with even the most atypical Muslim, then I can sleep at night after advocating this course of action.

But I can't NOT try.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home