20 March 2008

Staff Duty, AGAIN

For those of you who have never experienced the joys of the DA 6 duty roster, let me explain one of the quirks.

As many (if not all) of you know, my last name starts with the letter. I'm the only NCO in my company with the initial letter.

The rosters run separately for weekday duties and for weekend duties. So when a new First Sergeant comes in and decides to set up a new, correct DA6 roster, he starts over.

Alphabetically.

For both rosters. Which means that SGT(P) ME is first for weekend duty and first for work week duty. Weekend:Work Week ratio is about 2:5 so by the time it gets to the letter C or D, it's been uncoupled enough that no one works twice in the same week. I, on the other hand, can hardly avoid working twice in the same week.

If I couldn't take a joke, I wouldn't have re-enlisted.

I've got three things going on in my mind here, at least blogging essay-wise. Heller vs. DC, Barack Obama's speech, and IVAW's Winter Soldier Bullshit conference.

But first, something better. My lovely wife is the sexy one quoted briefly.

Heller vs. DC.

The oral arguments are on-line. Other places as well, it's all over the place. Other, more qualified folks have put out plenty of commentary. Other, less qualified people have put out plenty of commentary. On the internet it's hard to tell. This story appears to be typical of the media.

From where I sit, it looks positive for the side of those of us who prefer the Constitution as written. You know, where "shall not be infringed" means "shall not be infringed". I have a loaded pistol on my night table, which is one of many reasons I can't vote Democrat. I admit, I have a hard time compromising on this issue.

Barack Obama's little speech.

Let me be frank. Rev. Wright is a heretic, and an exceedingly offensive one at that. He preaches an ethnocentric heresy in which Jesus Christ is cast as a black man sent to minister to black people and whose opposition is not Satan, but white men.

"Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill Gods who do not belong to the black community ... Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy. What we need is the divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the power of black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love."

That is Black Liberation Theology. That is school from which Rev. Wright draws his heresy. That is the Prof. Cone whose theological authority Rev. Wright was appealing to on the Sean Hannity Show.

That is heresy, and worse than that, it is heresy which espouses revolution, violence, and hate. Anathema on him and all who think like him.

That is Rev. Wright. Enough on him.

Barack Obama has been a member of his church for twenty years. Barack Obama has referred to him as a "mentor" and a "spiritual adviser" in the past. He has spun it a number of ways in the past week or so. This has failed, because there is no way you can put "God Damn America" into a context that it was allegedly taken out of and claim that it is a good thing. There is no way to argue that Rev. Wright has only made these statements on rare occasions. So Barack decided to attempt a new tack.

Here's the speech itself. The Belmont Club gives the speech also, but with some words about the context of the speech. Victor Davis Hanson asks a couple questions Barack left unanswered.

I'm disgusted. Barack says,

"I have already condemned, in unequivocal terms, the statements of Reverend Wright that have caused such controversy."

When? Where? I haven't heard it. I've heard a lot of quibbling.

"Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church? Yes. Did I strongly disagree with many of his political views? Absolutely - just as I'm sure many of you have heard remarks from your pastors, priests, or rabbis with which you strongly disagreed."

Nope. I have never stood in an Orthodox liturgy while some madman espoused heresy and disloyalty to my nation. If I did, I would take steps to bring the madman to heel, or to remove myself from that heretical nonsense.

Anyway, whatever. I still ain't going to vote for him.

I was considering blogging about WSII, but I am going to do a bit more research and hit it up later. Initial impressions are underwhelming.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WSII?

Waste Services International, Inc? (note: Not being a smartass here, I dunno what you're referring to, and that's what WSII turns up on Google, as it's the stock symbol for 'em.)

11:49 AM  
Blogger Just A Decurion said...

http://ivaw.org/

Winter Soldier II.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obama: "just as I'm sure many of you have heard remarks from your pastors, priests, or rabbis with which you strongly disagreed."

Nope. Thinking of my last four pastors, they've occasionally been wrong about something, but I can't think of anything incindiary they've said from the pulpit. (Other than our Episcopalian pastor stating from the pulpit that the Episcopalian denomination is now supporting heresy--but I'd say that was a legitimate comment).

4:45 PM  
Blogger Moses Gunner said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home