01 October 2006

Blerg

I've been running arround with our Support Platoon lately. Support Platoon is kind of an odd jobs platoon, and includes the medics, cooks, fuelers, and a distro section with trucks. The last section gets all sorts of screwball missions, including running the barrier yard (jersey, california, texas, t-wall) and FOB construction missions. Lately, they've been borrowing bodies to work on improving a gate, and I of course volunteered before I could get chosen.

Anyway, it's a lot of fun, but I've been getting worn down. Add to that a bit of frustration over my new SIPR account not wanting to behave, and my personal laptop being infested with a virus.

Anyway, I called up my Beloved and had a meltdown in her general direction, not improved by the fact that it took me a while to get ahold of her. To her great credit, she was understanding and supportive and then when it became obvious how crummy I was really feeling, rather insistent that I should go pray and then go sleep.

Funny how a little prayer and a good night's sleep improves one's perspective.

2 Comments:

Blogger Soldier Grrrl said...

I love you and when I have meltdowns, you remind me to pray and to sleep, as well as making sure that I eat and take care of myself.

It's right that I take care of you when I can.

I love you and I'm glad that you're feeling better. You sounded better when you called tonight.

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny how a little prayer and a good night's sleep improves one's perspective.

Remind me of this the next time I have a meltdown. There's none of us who don't need prayer, but you my friend and your beloved are in my prayers a little more often than most others. Stay safe, buddy, and don't let the bastards grind you down.

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home